Saturday 8 February 2014

Jason Wu F/W 2014/15

I've never really took much interest in Jason Wu's previous collections however when I found out that Adriana Lima was opening the show I thought it would be worth a watch and it definitely was. This collection was full of long, angular silhouettes and an array of traditional fall colours. After researching some of the past collections, I've noticed a huge change in some of the pieces; Jason opted for a much more masculine look overall in comparison especially to his Spring and Fall collections of 2013, which is most probably because he has recently become creative director for Hugo Boss- a brand that is mainly recognised for it's menswear, and I definitely prefer this collection to any others of his I've viewed.

There was an unambiguous theme of oversized pieces throughout the show which mainly included bags and coats which is right up my street as I'm loving anything oversized at the moment which is probably why this collection appeals to me so much. Another theme incorporated into the show was metallics which wasn't quite as conspicuous as the oversized motif however it was ever so innovative of Wu to contrast metallics with plain fabrics and this really topped off a fabulous collection.

This collection was unequivocally one of the best I've ever seen from Jason Wu in my opinion and I hope to see more like this from him in his future collections.
Here are a few of my favourite looks from yesterdays show-

Supermodel Adriana Lima opening the show.




Karlie Kloss- the perfect end to any show.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of this post and my blog and any post requests you might have.