Sunday 9 February 2014

Rebecca Minkoff Fall 2014

Rebecca Minkoff is the epitome of chic and their fall collections in particular never fail to impress me. Every look in this collection reminds me of something Olivia Palermo would wear who, as some of you may know, is my style icon so this show was perfect for me. Usually,when I'm watching a show, there are always a few pieces that stand out to me and cause me to love the collection whereas with the Rebecca Minkoff show, nothing ever stands out to me immensely but I always fall in love with the entire collection. The show is always put together perfectly from the lighting and background to the music and this year AlunaGeorge played at the show and I couldn't think of a better duo than them to play at the show as their music represents the brand impeccably- modern, composed and à la mode.

The creative director, Rebecca Minkoff herself, said "It's about taking menswear-inspired silhouettes and translating them into feminine colours and silhouettes" and this was depicted perfectly throughout the collection. The colour palette was mainly classic fall colours along with some pastels which was a fabulous contrast. Silk dresses were layered under classic coats often with fur also and metallics were often paired with bold prints. 

As usual, Rebecca Minkoff's show was a huge success in my eyes and I hope she carries on in the direction that she's heading in because I love it!

Here are a few of my favourite looks- 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of this post and my blog and any post requests you might have.